Sulfonic Acid Considerations

- Dec 27, 2017 -

Hazard Statements: Causes serious burns if swallowed.

Potential health effects

Eyes: Causes eye burns.

Skin: Causes skin burns and can be absorbed through the skin.

Ingestion: Harmful if swallowed. Causes Digestive tract burns.

Inhalation: May be airway burnt if inhaled.

first-aid

Eyes: Take off and isolate contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash the skin with soap and water. Pay attention to the patient's warmth and keep quiet.

To ensure that medical staff understand the substance-related personal protection knowledge, pay attention to their own protection.

Skin: Get medical attention immediately and wash off skin and clothing deposits. Remove with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes.

Ingestion: Do not induce vomiting. Seek immediate medical attention.

Inhalation: Seek immediate medical attention. Remove skin and clothing attachments and immediately remove to ventilated place. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.

Spill emergency treatment

General Information: Use appropriate personal protective equipment.

Overflow / Leakage: Absorb liquids (eg vermiculite, sand or earth) that spill out of the container with inert materials and do not allow the chemical to spread.

Handling and storage

Treatment: Do not inhale dust, steam, mist or gas. Do not touch eyes, skin or clothing. Do not ingest or inhale.

Storage: Store in a cool, dry place